When British Fashion calls, we always answer. So we were thrilled to be asked by L’Oreal Professional to be the styling team for a very special fashion show by British Korean designers Jackie JS Lee and Eudon Choi to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of The Shagri-La at The Shard.
The evenings lavish celebrations were a multiple location affair that kicked off with the fashion show around the hotels stunning, if vertiginous, infinity pool on the 50th floor. Afterwards the party moved down stairs and was entertained by a very special dance performance of The Brush and the Sword by Carolyn Choa and performed by Stephen Pucci.
Siobhan, Justyna and Alfie were the dream team from Paul Edmonds executing the vision of the two designers. Both looks were understated sophistication, echoing the designers collections.
Jackie JS Lee wanted simple low pony tails to compelement her effortlessly wearable loosely tailored clothing.
Eudon Choi took his SS15 collection muse, the artist Georgie O’Keeffe into the hair, attaching a large white orchid to a sophisticated slicked back low bun.
GET THE LOOK
HOW TO: LOW PONY TAIL by Justyna
How to make a low pony tail look sophisticated an not like you’re having a bad hair day? Here are five easy steps by pony tail perfection by Justyna.
1. Section the hair into a low left parting.
2. Brush the hair back neatly into a low pony tail and secure with a small elastic band.
3. Pull the hair so that it loosens slightly to give it a softer look.
4. Wrap a small section of hair and wrap it around the ponytail to cover any elastic from being on show.
5. Pull any hair from around the face and fix in place with L’Oreal Air Fix spray to smooth all the hair down and fix it into place.
HOW TO: LOW MESSY BUN WITH A FLOWER by Siobhan
Using silk flowers in our hair is equal parts desired and terrifying. Siobhan explains how it can be done.
1. Pull back the hair off the face, don’t use a brush, keep the look natural. We used L’Oreal Beach Wave and then added L’Oreal Shine spray from the face to the crown to create a wet look.
2. Pull the hair into a low ponytail, twist it around on itself to create a twisted maessy bun. Secure with Kirby grips and pins to keep it in place.
3. Spray with hair spray, we used L’Oreal Air Fix, and then pull a few pieces of hair slightly loose to give texture.
4. Fixing the flowers can be tricky and we had to cut them into the right length and create fixes with a light garden wire. The wire was attached to the stem and then pulled through the hair to secure it.
5. Fix into place with more grips and then spray with a little more hair spray to keep the rest of the hair in place.
For your own glamorous updo with Siobhan book here
For your own catwalk perfect look with Justyna book here