You know antioxidants are healthy to eat, but what about putting them on your face? Just as a square of dark chocolate or bowl of blueberries can help your body fight free radicals, a high-quality antioxidant serum in your skincare routine can give that same protection to your face. But only when you know which one to pair with your skin type...
Medical-grade skincare brand SkinCeuticals have launched three new kits to help everyone find their perfect antioxidant. The Daily Duo Kits pair best-selling H.A. Intensifier with an antioxidant serum, so each kit can be prescribed per skin type.
Anyone who's visited our skincare destination at Paul Edmonds London will know how passionate we are about delivering the results our clients want to see. From tailored skincare plans to super-effective treatments, you should always leave us looking and feeling like your best self. That's why we're so excited to bring you these new Daily Duo Kits — they can deliver targeted results in just four weeks. Better yet, they make the effects of our in-clinic treatments last longer!
Discover more about the benefits of antioxidants for skin health and how these incredible SkinCeuticals kits can help you maximise those benefits.
What are antioxidants?
The term 'antioxidant' is used to describe vitamins like A, C, and E. They protect you from 'free radicals', which are the harmful molecules found in cigarette smoke, environmental pollution, and harsh chemicals. Free radicals stick to your complexion and damage the collagen in the deeper layers of your skin, causing a loss of elasticity and firmness. Over-exposure to free radicals can cause oxidative stress at a cellular level, which accelerates the ageing process and may lead to other harmful conditions.
That's where antioxidants come in. They neutralise free radicals and are clinically proven to reverse oxidative damage to the skin, too. Applying topical products as part of your homecare routine can provide daily protection and repair, so you look fresh and youthful for much longer.
As with all skincare, antioxidant serums are most effective when you choose the right one for your skin type. There are lots of varieties on offer, and many are extremely potent, so you'll need to choose wisely. Luckily, SkinCeuticals has you covered!
Find your perfect antioxidant and hydrating combo with Daily Duo Kits
SkinCeuticals are a world-leading authority on antioxidants, dating back to 1994, when Founding Scientist Sheldon Pinnel uncovered the benefits of Vitamin C on anti-ageing and cell damage.
Dr Pinnel wanted to take the active form of Vitamin C (known as L-Ascorbic Acid) and transform it into a topical skin treatment. He researched the maximum potency needed to achieve real results, then set out to create a serum formula for his potent L-Ascorbic Acid dose. This led to the world's first antioxidant serum, which SkinCeuticals launched in 1997. Now they've brought their best antioxidant serums together in three easy-to-understand routines for you to enjoy.
SkinCeuticals Daily Duo Kits have been created to suit combination skin, ageing skin, and oily/blemish-prone skin. Each kit comes with a targeted antioxidants skincare product, paired perfectly with a 30ml SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier serum to boost moisture across all skin types.
Daily Duo C E Ferulic Kit
The ideal antioxidant kit for normal, dry, mature, and ageing skin. SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic is a patented triple antioxidant serum formulated to target fine lines, wrinkles, free radical damage and loss of firmness. When combined with H.A. Intensifier, you've got an incredibly effective anti-ageing, hydrating skincare routine!
How to use:
- Cleanse and rinse your skin as normal. We recommend the SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser for this step of your routine because it deeply purifies while restoring your skin's protective barrier.
- Apply 4-5 drops of CE Ferulic to the face, neck and chest, massaging with the fingertips to distribute the serum evenly into the skin.
- Layer the H.A. Intensifier over the top, gently massaging 3-4 drops into the face, neck, and chest, as before.
- Finish with your favourite hydrator and an SPF if you're just starting the day. We love the SkinCeuticals Brightening UV Defense SPF 30 to brighten the complexion while protecting from harmful UV rays.
Daily Duo Phloretin CF Kit
Improve your skin tone and texture using this powerful triple antioxidant serum alongside the H.A. Intensifier's corrective abilities. This kit is perfect for normal, combination or discolouration-prone skin types and can give visible improvements in 4 weeks.
How to use
- Start by cleansing your skin with a product designed to help maintain an even, glowy finish. SkinCeuticals Simply Clean is a great choice because it exfoliates while softening and smoothing.
- Use your fingertips to apply 4-5 drops of Phloretin CF to your face, neck and chest, gently massaging to distribute evenly.
- Apply 3-4 drops of H.A. Intensifier over the top, using the same technique to distribute the serum over your face, neck and chest.
- Complete your skincare routine with your favourite moisturiser or hydrator. If you're prepping your skin for the day, we recommend finishing with SkinCeuticals Sheer Mineral UV Defense SPF 50 to defend against damage while your skincare does its thing!
Daily Duo Silymarin CF Kit
Rid your complexion of fine lines, blemishes, and texture in just four weeks with this dynamic duo! Silymarin CF is a triple antioxidant serum that reduces oil oxidation and excess sebum while improving the appearance of blemishes. The H.A. Intensifier works alongside it to boost hyaluronic acid levels by 30%.
How to use
- Wash your face with a cleanser suited to blemish-prone skin. We love SkinCeuticals Blemish + Age Cleansing Gel to exfoliate and improve clarity right down to the deepest layers.
- Apply 4-5 drops of Silymarin CF serum to your face, neck and chest, massaging with your fingertips to make sure the product is evenly distributed.
- Gently massage 3-4 drops of H.A. Intensifier into your face, neck, and chest for a healthy hit of hyaluronic acid.
- Complete your routine with a hydrating product and SPF if you're starting the day. SkinCeuticals Oil Shield UV Defense SPF 50 is an excellent choice for blemish-prone or oily skin. Its invisible, dry-touch formula mattifies your face while giving broad-spectrum protection.
Free radical damage repair and protection at Paul Edmonds
The SkinCeuticals Daily Duo Kits are your first step towards skin correction and protection. To get the full benefit, we recommend teaming it with a targeted in-clinic treatment at the Paul Edmonds London skincare destination, theHOUSE.
Book a SkinCeuticals facial with our specialists today and create the perfect foundation to maintain your new antioxidant serum routine. Facial peels are also a good way to prep your skin for a new routine while removing dullness and congestion.
Choosing to kick things off with a tailored treatment can provide a healthy base for your new Daily Duo Kits, which will maintain your treatment results for longer. Don't forget to pop back in for regular appointments, so you can steadily reach your dream skin goal.
Book an appointment with our skin specialists today or visit the online shop and explore the brand new SkinCeuticals Daily Duo Kits.