Following the reopening of both our salons, we’d like to assure you that your health and safety are our number one priority. We’re now available, both in-salon and online, to continue providing you with information regarding your hair and skin concerns. Due to the high volume of requests from clients, we’ve added an FAQ list to answer some of the questions we’ve received over the last few weeks and months. We recognise that circumstances will change over the coming weeks due to further government updates, and we’ll continue to provide you with the latest news relating to Paul Edmonds London through email, social channels and our website.
Our aim is to continue to provide the very best technical expertise, in a luxurious environment, whilst ensuring that you continue to enjoy the experience we’re known for.
The following procedures have been put into place and will be reviewed and updated as restrictions are either increased or eased.
Making an appointment
• Paul Edmonds London salons will only be able to deliver by-appointment services and cannot accommodate walk-in or drop-in services. To make an appointment, please email us at email@example.com or use our online booking system. We can also accept telephone requests 7 days a week from 9am to 6pm.
• Due to the high level of demand for appointments, we’ll be dealing with requests on a first come, first served basis.
• We’ve introduced our own safety protocols for social distancing, which includes reducing salon capacity by 50% through the removal of chairs. Our teams will be working longer hours and reduced days within bubbles, to ensure that tracking and isolation protocols can be actioned immediately, should this be required by the government. This means we might not be able to book your preferred colourist and stylist on the same day or at the same location.
• For existing colour clients and facial/aesthetic treatments, you’ll be allocated a provisional appointment which will require a virtual consultation to determine the exact service and time required for your visit. This is to mitigate changes on the day, which may cause services to overrun and impact other appointments.
Hours of opening
• We will be open in Knightsbridge and Battersea Power Station, 7 days a week from 8am to 9pm.
• Our Battersea Power Station salon will have allocation for long service applications on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Day of your appointment
• You’ll be required to arrive on time for your appointment. If you’re delayed, we may not be able to begin your service and you’ll be fully charged for the lost appointment slot.
• If you cancel your appointment with less than 48 hours’ notice or do not show for your appointment, the cost will be fully chargeable.
• Please wear a face mask upon arrival. If you don’t have a mask, you can purchase one from us on the day of your appointment.
• It’s advised that you come without any additional bags or carriers in order to reduce the reliance on storage.
• You’ll be asked to wash/sanitise your hands and answer a checklist when you arrive, for yours and the Paul Edmonds teams’ safety. We also require you to have a contactless temperature check.
• Drinks and refreshments will be available and will be served in paper cups. Unfortunately, freshly prepared juices and food won’t be available for the foreseeable future.
• Although there won’t be an on-site reception team, our front-of-house staff will be available at all times to ensure you have the best experience possible.
• We will no longer be accepting cash payments.
• Appointments should be paid for prior to your visit. Additional services or retail purchases can be paid for at the end of your appointment, from your seat at the workstation.
• Due to reduced capacity, we won’t be able to honour any existing discounts or on-account payments for the foreseeable future. We appreciate your understanding and value your continued support of our teams and salons.
Other changes to be aware of
• We’ll always endeavour to ensure that long services such as hair smoothing, straightening, extensions, colour changes and full head colour will be allocated on the days requested. However, we may need to allocate these services to our long-appointments day, to help reduce your dwell time and contact with other clients.
• We’ll provide disposable gowns and towels, or one-use-only gowns and towels, for your appointment. All workstations will be disinfected before you arrive and we’ve implemented specialist COVID-19 disposal for all hygiene products and equipment used (towels, aprons, masks, gowns etc.). We’ll continue to have in-salon housekeeping throughout the day in both salons.
• All team members will be wearing PPE, specific work-only clothing and will be sanitising hands prior and during your appointment. You’re also welcome to wear PPE.
• Please come to your appointment alone. Due to space restrictions, we won’t be able to accommodate anyone else who would be waiting for you.
• Paul Edmonds London is proud to be dog friendly, however at this present time, we’re unable to accommodate animal friends on your appointment day. We’ll continue to review this on an ongoing basis.
• There won’t be magazines or newspapers available but please feel free to bring some with you. All we ask is that you keep them with you throughout your appointment.
Home Visits and Vulnerable Clients
• Home visits are now available for vulnerable clients. We’ll provide you with a checklist to complete before your appointment and will ask you to confirm your health status. Team members will be following the in-salon protocols regarding PPE and hygiene, and we ask that all your family members adhere to social distancing.